Dieting is a reality for most people at some point in life. Whether the objective is to simply lose weight or to also gain muscle along with physical fitness, the task can be challenging. The tips outlined below can be helpful when trying to stick with a diet plan.
Set Realistic Goals
The main reason people give up on a diet plan is because there are no instant results. Success from dieting is a process that occurs over the long term. The best approach is to decide how much weight must be lost in total then set small, realistic goals as milestones. One per week weigh-ins will better show progress and help boost motivation.
Eat Small, Frequent Meals
Shifting to a low-fat diet plan requires an adjustment period. Eating four to five small meals per day can help dieters avoid feeling hungry during this transition. Some find juicing offers enough variety to stay on track while reducing calories and fat intake.
Consume Sufficient Calories
While it may not seem logical, a successful diet plan does not mean eating as few calories as possible. If the body does not receive sufficient calories, this will trigger a starvation response, which works by slowing the metabolism and holding onto fat. Eating at least 1,250 calories per day will counteract this effect.
To prevent falling back on bad habits, dieters should remove all tempting foods from the household and replace them with healthy alternatives. It is also advisable to break counterproductive routines such as eating while watching television or reading a book, as both can lead to eating too many calories.
Get a Diet Buddy
By far the best way to stay on a diet is to enlist the help of a friend or family member. Dieters can benefit from objective advice on what is being eaten, keeping goals realistic and when they may be going off track. If the other person needs to lose weight, too, both can support each other.
Whether a person needs to lose a small or large amount of weight, following the tips above can yield great results while keeping the experience in perspective. Anyone wishing to begin a diet plan should first check with a doctor to ensure optimum health, especially if there will be regular, vigorous exercise involved.
- The Calorie Shifting Diet (hanyma.com)
- The 500 Calorie Diet Plan (palsigma36.wordpress.com)
- Super Diet Genius app puts superfoods to work (reviews.cnet.com)
- Weight loss diet meal plan – (slideshare.net)
- vegan diet meal plan for weight loss (delightsvegetarian.wordpress.com)
- Valuables Tips for Weight Loss Diet Plan (healthbeautypub.wordpress.com)
- A Truly No-Nonsense Review Of The Ice Cream Diet (shamoutii.wordpress.com)
- Weight Loss – How Do I Achieve It? (imadweightloss.wordpress.com)
- Choosing the Right Diet to Lose Weight (loseweightfastandsafely.wordpress.com)
- Starving Your Body Is Not The Right Formula For Weight Loss (socialpoweredcontent.com)