|1 poblano||chiles (or use frozen or canned green chilies)|
|1 cups||fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears), or frozen is fine|
|1/2 cup||chopped onion|
|1/2 tablespoon||chopped fresh oregano|
|1/2 tablespoon||olive oil|
|1 teaspoon||salt, divided|
|3/4 teaspoon||ground cumin|
|1/4 teaspoon||freshly ground black pepper|
|4 large||ripe Roma tomatoes|
|1 cup||uncooked quinoa|
|fresh cilantroSour cream (optional)colby-Jack cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup packed,optional)**Use certified organic ingredients whenever availableInstructions|
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Cut the chiles in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place chile halves, skin side up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 8 minutes or until blackened. Place in a paper bag; close tightly. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel chiles. Coarsely chop chiles; place in a bowl. If using fresh corn, add corn to pan; broil 10 minutes, stirring twice. Add corn and onion to chopped chiles; stir in oregano, oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cumin, and black pepper.
- Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise; set aside. Carefully scoop out tomato pulp, leaving shells intact. Sprinkle tomatoes with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Invert tomatoes on a wire rack; let stand 30 minutes. Dry insides of tomatoes with a paper towel.
- Combine water, quinoa, and the remaining salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork. Add quinoa mixture to corn mixture; toss well.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spoon a rounded tablespoon or two of corn mixture into each tomato. Divide cheese evenly among tomatoes, if using. Place tomatoes on a pan placing them to ensure they will not fall over. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Remove from oven. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkled with chopped fresh cilantro, if desired.
Makes 4 Servings (1 serving =2 stuffed tomato halves)
Serve with mixed beans, green salad and fresh baked cornbread.
Connect with Enlightened Lotus Wellness
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Pin with us on Pinterest
Join our Mailing List for exclusive offers! We promise not to spam you or share/sell your information.
- Home-Grown Tomatoes… (nolagirlatheart.wordpress.com)
- Meatless Stuffed Peppers (spoonful.com)
- Corn Cakes with Strawberry-Tomato Salsa (luckybrand.com)
- Stuffed Tomatoes with Cilantro Pesto (cookingforhunnybunny.wordpress.com)
- Meatless Monday Recipe: Fregola Sarda Pasta with Tomatoes (news.health.com)
- Frugal Finds: Ravishing Roasted Tomatoes (hodgepodgedays.wordpress.com)
- Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad (spoonful.com)
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes! (cavegirlblogs.com)
- Fish with Rainbow Sizzle (spoonful.com)
- Quinoa, Puy Lentil and Halloumi Salad with Courgette (greatbritishchefs.com)